To Accept YD&T Nominations
The awards process for USITT’s Young Designers & Technicians in the Performing Arts (YD&T) Awards is now open. Click here for information and a link to the online application.
Nine awards will be given in 2011, in specific areas, made possible by their sponsors. The awards are:
- USITT Lighting Design Award Sponsored by Barbizon Lighting Company:
- USITT Stage Management Award Sponsored by Clear-Com Communication Systems;
- USITT Frederick A. Buerki “Golden Hammer” Scenic Technology Award sponsored by Bernhard R. Works;
- KM Fabrics, Inc. Technical Production Award;
- USITT Makeup Design Award Sponsored by Kryolan Professional Make-Up;
- Robert E. Cohen Sound Achievement Award;
- USITT Scene Design Award Sponsored by Rose Brand;
- USITT W. Oren Parker Undergraduate Scene Award sponsored by Stage Decoration & Supplies; and the
- USITT Costume Design & Technology Award sponsored by Zelma H. Weisfeld.
Criteria for each award is slightly different, but the application process, including nominating an individual for an award, is completed online. There is a fee as part of the online process, along with letters of recommendation, and examples of work.
Nominated individuals must be student members of USITT, and those making the nomination must also be members of the organization. Registration deadline is October 15, and the required documents must be submitted by November 15.
A special feature of the YD&T Awards is that winners have an opportunity to meet with the award sponsors as part of the 2011 USITT Annual Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina March 9 to 12, 2011. In addition to cash prizes, the award winners each receive a Conference registration and recognition as part of Conference activities.