Nominations are needed for Chair and Vice-Chair of the New England Regional Section.
Nominations and short biographies should be e-mailed, by March 1, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nominations will be distributed to the membership and the positions voted on at the 2010 Conference & Stage Expo in Kansas City, Missouri. (Those not attending the conference will have the opportunity to vote beforehand.) Officers must be members of USITT (national) to be eligible.
Crystal Tiala, who has been Chair since 1997, is stepping down and new leadership is being sought. Some of the Section’s accomplishments include:
- first website at www.usittne.org
- Posting and advertising members’ portfolios on the website
- Establishing programming with the New England Theater Conference - 2000 to 2003
- Established a Greater Boston Student Chapter for one year
- Established two awards and other events at the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival Region I that continue to be awarded
- Promoted and developed the REPA Job Expo with StageSource and other transient partners, which continues to be successful
- Created workshops and theatre tours
- Established the annual BBQ
The REPA (Regional Entertainment Production and Administration) Job Fair will be held 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, February 27 at 88 Tremont St., Boston, Massachusetts.
Job seekers (designers, technicians, artisans and administrators in the entertainment industry) update resumes, portfolios, or websites and come on down. Admission is free. For more information click here.
Parking is available in the Boston Common Garage and One Beacon Street Garage (approximately $11 for Saturday parking). For directions, visit Mapquest, Yahoo, Expedia, or other search engines for maps, or see www.stagesource.org.
Sponsored by StageSource, USITT NE, and the Boston Dance Alliance.